Plausibility: Control of (the affect of) Gravity (upon matter) in two sentences (theory and method)
then browse the Gravitation Category while Truepers gnash teeth about Nucleosonic psiFi
- Human attempts explanation of Alien Science (Revised Dec. 29, 2014)
1.5 million ampere Balcones Homopolar Pulse Generator for rail gun tests
- "The Center’s laboratory facility was built in 1985 as an energy storage and pulsed-power prototype test facility. To support this effort, The University of Texas funded the manufacture and installation of the Balcones Homopolar Generator Power Supply (BHPG). The 60 MJ BHPG power supply includes six 10 MJ homopolar generators and six 2-turn coaxial inductors, along with a high current, high voltage bus turret to enable flexible series/parallel interconnection. The generators are installed in a hexagonal pit in the high bay with the central bus and inductors mounted at floor level. Each drum-type homopolar generator is capable of producing output pulses of 1.5 MegaAmpere peak current at approximately 100 V dc. Using the coaxial inductors and explosive opening and closing switches, output pulses at voltages of >10 kV with peak currents of up to 3 MegaAmperes have been delivered to railgun loads. Timed staging of the switches can be used to tailor the characteristics of the output pulse."
A primer on the Homopolar Phenomenon
- by Luc Lachapelle
- Source: http://www.icestuff.com/~energy21/hoprima.htm
- “Although a tremendous quantity of effort has been invested toward research on the Homopolar phenomenon, still today after more than 180 years following its identification by Faraday, very little information has been made public and its usage has not yet found its way into our daily lives.
- Its awkward since it is known in the scientific community that the Homopolar electric generation is naturally Extra-Efficient. The single engineering challenge has been all along the conception of a working unit which does not cripple the generation process while tapping this freely given energy.
- The goal of the present document is to bring some insight on the working principles of various contractions which by definition are employing the Homopolar phenomenon. I hope it will be of service to all.”
- Dynamo Electric Machine (homopolar)
- Nichola Tesla, 1889
- Source: FreePatentsOnline.com http://www.freepatentsonline.com/0406968.pdf
- Homopolar Generator
- U. S. Patent 6,051,905
- William F. Weldon, 1996
- "An electrical homopolar capacitor generator includes a set of stacked dielectric plates and conductive plates arranged in a magnetic field, with at least one ol the dielectric plates is rotated relative to the remainder of the plates to generate an electrical output charge between the conductive plates. One version of the generator employs flat circular disks with an inner dielectric disk rotated relative to the others. The inner disk is placed between a pair of electrically conductive plates, which in turn are placed between a pair of first and second dielectric plates which are in a fixed relationship to the conductive plates. A second embodiment utilizes concentric cylinders in a similar arrangement to the stacked circular disk embodiment, with relative rotation of an inner dielectric being effected along a common axis for all of the cylindrical plates."
- Homopolar Machine (traditional with improved brushes)
- U. S. Patent 5530309
- "An improved homopolar machine in which a solid sliding current collector, or brush, is provided for contact with a flat, annular contact surface of a rotor. The flat plane of the contact surface is orthogonal to the rotor's axis of rotation. A plurality of such contact surfaces with corresponding...
- List of homopolar generator patents Wikipedia.org
- Google patent search for "homopolar"
More by Luc L.
brought from Esoterical References
- Wikipedia.org: Homopolar Generator
- University of Texas at Austin, The Center for Electromechanics
- Homopolar Pulse Welding of Martensitic Stainless Steel Linepipe (PN 248) - Y. Ichiyama*, H. Asahi*, R.S. Hudson, R.W. Carnes, and R. Hebner, Third International Conference on Pipeline Technology Conference, Brugge, Belgium, May 22-24, 2000
- Department of Physics, University of Maryland
- Homopolar Motor Demo: Simple homopolar motor using a screw, a battery, a neodymium magnet and a piece of wire (Wikipedia.com)
- Homopolar Motor Demo: Simple homopolar motor made with a AA battery, one neodymium magnet, and short piece of bare copper wire (dangerouslyfun.com).
- Unipolar Demonstration: University of Maryland physics demonstrations
- Richard E. Berg and Carroll O. Alley, Department of Physics, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742 (Edited January, 2005)
- by Bruce E. DePalma,
- RexResearch.com, 11 October 1985
- (c)1996 William J. Beaty
- DePalma home page: Bruce DePalma and his N-Machine and homopolar generator research
- Balcones Homopolar Generator Power Supply University of Texas at Austin, Center for Electromechanics
- “The Center’s laboratory facility was built in 1985 as an energy storage and pulsed-power prototype test facility. To support this effort, The University of Texas funded the manufacture and installation of the Balcones Homopolar Generator Power Supply (BHPG). The 60 MJ BHPG power supply includes six 10 MJ homopolar generators and six 2-turn coaxial inductors, along with a high current, high voltage bus turret to enable flexible series/parallel interconnection. The generators are installed in a hexagonal pit in the high bay with the central bus and inductors mounted at floor level. Each drum-type homopolar generator is capable of producing output pulses of 1.5 MA peak current at approximately 100 V dc. Using the coaxial inductors and explosive opening and closing switches, output pulses at voltages of >10 kV with peak currents of up to 3 MA have been delivered to railgun loads. Timed staging of the switches can be used to tailor the characteristics of the output pulse.”
Meissner Motor Demonstration
Argonne National Laboratory
- Richard McDaniel demonstrates the Meissner motor
- Announced by Argonne on Dec. 30, 1987. The small, popular demonstration device was the world's first motor based on the unique properties of high-temperature superconductors.
- ANL Science and Technology
- Saturday, 11 March 2006
- GENERAL ATOMICS TO DESIGN AND FABRICATE ADVANCED PROPULSION MOTOR FOR US NAVY
- Anonymous. NATO's Nations and Partners for Peace. Uithoorn 2005., Iss. 1, pg. 150, 1 pgs
- ISSN/ISBN 15669009
- Copyright Monch Media, Inc. 2005
- “The Office of Naval Research has awarded General Atomics (GA) a $46-million contract for detail design, fabrication, and factory testing of a full-scale superconducting dc homopolar motor for ship propulsion. Under this contract, GA will deliver a 36.5-megawatt, 120rpm advanced design prototype motor, motor drive, and support equipment, which will be shipped to a US Navy facility for full-performance testing. This full-scale system is sised [[sic] to propel large vessels, such as destroyers, now in development by the Navy.”
- Source: ProQuest database
Superconducting DC Homopolar Motor
- “A team headed by General Atomics (2005) is under contract with the Office of Naval Research to design and construct a prototype one-quarter scale 5,000 hp superconducting DC homopolar motor.”
- Homopolar motors are simple in design and offer the potential for a large weight reduction when compared to conventional motors. Because there are no multipole components in the motor, it is expected to be acoustically quiet enough to permit hard mounting directly to the ship’s hull, thus greatly simplifying integration.
- In order for the homopolar motor to fully exploit the advantages of reduced size and weight, the field coils must be superconducting. The coils will be conduction-cooled using compact reliable devices called cryocoolers, which do not require the use of bulk liquid cryogens.
- Source: General Atomics http://www.ga.com/atg/homo.php